[Te-contributors] SPAM on TCE

Stacey Schneider stacey at siliconspark.com
Fri Mar 9 12:54:29 CST 2012

Hi all,

Two hours ago someone was able to get into our site and publish a post on the front page about colleges. Fortunately, some of our more PG spam, but obviously not good. Spam has been a problem for us, and has been taking time weekly to manage - but until today, very few besides an occasional comment has gotten out or through the RSS feeds.  I have contacted Linda to talk about the options - she will look into it tonight, we are going to need to do something to prevent this from happening again quickly.

In the meantime, I am asking contributors to at least change your passwords.

This especially stinks since I put the shout out on socialcast last night for contributions, so the whole company is looking at the site today.  Good news is the site definitely gets attention - and I've gotten 5 or 6 offers for new content. :)

I will keep you posted on what we figure out.

Thanks,
-Stacey
--
Stacey Schneider